Request A Quote

The Facts About RV Insurance

Is RV Insurance Required in Washington?

Since an RV is considered a motor vehicle, you do need to have RV insurance if you plan on driving your RV on state roads. There is also additional coverage you can get, depending on your specific needs.

What Does RV Insurance Cover in Washington?

RV insurance is similar to the type of insurance you would find for your motor vehicle. However, it’s more than your standard car so it may need special coverage. Coverage can vary, depending on the policy you have. Liability insurance is designed to compensate any third-party victims, whether they suffer property damage or injury resulting in an accident that is your fault. Since RVs are heavy and large vehicles, losses can be costly, so it’s a good idea to have more coverage than just the state’s minimums. Collision insurance is designed to cover costs associated with replacement or the repair of your RV if it is damaged in a collision that is your fault. Comprehensive coverage is available to help cover expenses related to the replacement or repair of your RV if an event other than a collision damages it. Examples can include fire, severe weather, theft, or vandalism. Roadside assistance will cover costs that relate to the specialized towing required by RVs if your RV breaks down when you are traveling.

Since RVs can also be used as homes, you will need coverage for this as well. Contents insurance will cover personal property, such as appliances or clothing kept in the RV. Full timer liability insurance is designed for residents who live in the RVs for several months of the year or even full time. This provides you with additional liability coverage that is found in a traditional homeowner’s policy. Campsite liability insurance can also be called vacation liability insurance, and it is similar to full-timer liability coverage but for a shorter time period when you are on vacation using your RV. An agent at The Heuman Insurance Agency can help you find the best policy for your needs.

Contact The Heuman Insurance Agency to get a quote on RV insurance.

Our Partners:

  • btis
  • cna
  • dairyland
  • Encompass
  • hagerty
  • hiscox
  • Griffin Underwritng
  • Guide One
  • national-general
  • Nationwide
  • ncip
  • RPS
  • safeco
  • Stillwater
  • travelers
  • Tapco

Contact Us:

Connect With Us !